Commentators on the Vishnu Purana

Christopher Austin christopher.austin at DAL.CA
Mon Oct 1 20:14:25 UTC 2012

Hello James,

I use:

Parimal Sanskrit Series no.21 : Visnumahapuranam of Maharsi Vedavyasa.
With the Sanskrit Commentary "Atmaprakasa" of Sridharacarya (vol.I :
amsas 1-3; vol. II: amsas 4-6). Edited by PT. Thaneshachandra Upreti.
Delhi: Parimal Publications 2011. This is a new printing, nice clear
nagari text with the commentary of the 14th century Sridharasvami
whose commentary on the Bhagavata is well known.

I also use the Pathak Baroda 2-volume critical edition ViP which
offers the BORI-style 2-column apparatus layout -- but no commentaries.

I as well would be curious to hear what other ViP commentaries beyond
Sridhara are available & in use by others.

Best,
Chris

Dr. Christopher R. Austin
Assistant Professor