andhagajany āya

Himal Trikha himal.trikha at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Mon Oct 1 14:26:15 UTC 2012

Dear list members,

I am currently attempting to identify instances of the andhagajanyāya in
classical South Asian literature and would greatly appreciate your help.

Despite its popularity today, the maxim seems rarely attested in classical
works. So far, I have been able to identify only nine works (see below),
in which the maxim is mentioned. I would be very thankful if you could
refer me to any other instances of the maxim or to secondary literature,
in which it is discussed.

Thank you very much and

with best regards

Himal Trikha

---

Buddhist works: *Arthavargīyasūtra, Udāna (and commentary), Tarkajvālā,
*Mahāyānasaṅgraha

Advaita: Chandogyopaniṣadbhāṣya, Naiṣkarmyasiddhi (and commentary),
Bṛhadāraṇyakopaniṣadbhāṣyavārttika (and commentary)

Jaina: Ṣaḍdarśanasamuccayalaghuvṛtti, Syādvādamañjarī

For bibliographical details and secondary literature see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/himal.trikha/lehre/andhagaja/2_bibl.pdf

--
Dr. Himal Trikha
Research Fellow