Call for Papers: SAGP/SSIPS 2012 Conference in New York

Joydeep jbagchee at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 26 11:37:15 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

I'm forwarding a CFP on Indian philosophy/Buddhism for a conference to be
held in October at Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus:

I enclose the CFP for the SAGP's 2012 Annual Conference at Fordham
University (Lincoln Center). The conference has grown over the year's to an
international ancient and medieval philosophy conference, so we welcome
contributions from all areas of non-Western philosophy as well.
(Contributions for Indian philosophy should be sent to me, contributions
for Buddhist studies can be sent either to me or Marie Friquegnon.)

Proposals can be of three types: either individual papers, for a panel
session, or a roundtable discussion.

Vishwa

Dr. Vishwa Adluri
Hunter College
The City University of New York
1241 W, 695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
212 772 4989
www.presocratics.org

Editor, Standing Editorial Board, Oxford Bibliographies Online: Hinduism
Program Committee Member, Indian Philosophy, Society for Ancient Greek
Philosophy

Call for Abstracts

FORDHAM   UNIVERSITY
Hosts
An International Conference on Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
The 30th annual joint meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy
(SAGP) with the Society for the Study of Islamic Philosophy (SSIPS)

Friday, October 19 - Sunday, October 21, 2012
Fordham University, Lincoln Center, 113 W. 60th St. New York, NY10023

Including the annual meetings of scholarly societies in the
history of ancient, medieval, and Asian philosophy

SAGP and SSIPS invite the submission of abstracts for conference papers to
be presented at their annual meeting at Fordham University.  We invite
paper, panel, and roundtable submissions from faculty, graduate students,
and independent scholars, although all speakers on panels sponsored by SAGP
must be dues-paying members of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy.
We especially encourage panel and roundtable proposals.  Proposals for
panel or roundtable discussions are due by MAY 15, 2012; proposals for
individual papers are due by JUNE 1, 2012.

Panel (and roundtable) proposals
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4krm96s no later
than May 15. Note that presenters on panels and roundtables will need to
submit abstracts of their papers, using the individual paper proposal link
below, by June 1.
Individual paper proposals
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4oowjcy no later
than June 1.
Questions?
If you have questions about the conference, the submission forms, or about
the Ancient Greek and philosophy panels, contact Anna Lännström (
alannstrom at stonehill.edu)

Indian Philosophy: Vishwa Adluri (vadluri at hunter.cuny.edu)
Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy: Marie Friquegnon (friquegnonM at wpunj.edu)

For questions about membership in SAGP: contact Tony Preus (
apreus at binghamton.edu).