Sanskrit proverb?

elisa freschi elisa.freschi at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 15 05:14:24 UTC 2012

Maybe we can all agree that "Sanskrit" in the attribution "Sanskrit
proverb" (just like very often in the Internet) only means "Ancient
Wisdom". I think we discussed a similar issue already and Dominik
brought several examples of people thinking that other inspiring
"subhāášŖitas" must have certainly come from India.

Best,

elisa freschi

Dr. Elisa Freschi
research fellow of Sanskrit
Facoltà di Studi Orientali
Università di Roma 'La Sapienza'
via Principe Amedeo 182b, 00185 Rome (Italy)
fax +39 06 49385915
http://elisafreschi.blogspot.com
http://uniroma.academia.edu/elisafreschi