Skt courses in India

Dermot Killingley dermot at GREVATT.FORCE9.CO.UK
Fri May 11 18:32:34 UTC 2012

Dear indologists,

Can anyone advise a friend who is looking for a good English-
medium Sanskrit course at an Indian university. He studied a two-
year course at SOAS (London) a few years ago, and has since
completed a very good PhD, but not using Sanskrit, so he considers
himself a beginner. He has a good knowledge of several European
languages. He'd prefer somewhere in Bengal, but is open to other
suggestions. He tells me he has a good chance of getting funding
for up to three years.

I'm not sufficiently in touch to give advice unaided. Any suggestions?

Dermot Killingley