Manuscript copies of printed books

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at UNIV-PARIS-DIDEROT.FR
Fri Mar 23 00:56:18 UTC 2012

Cher Emmanuel,

inside the Pondicherry EFEO collection of MSS,
the MS numbered EO-0541,
which is an incomplete copy of the கணக்கதிகாரம் [kaṇakkatikāram]
was copied from a book
published in "pirapava ((varuṣam)) paṅkuṉi ((mācam))"
by cuppiramaṇiya aiyar
in his "vittiyāvilācamuttirākṣaracālai"
which seems to correspond to march-april 1868.

I have been able to directly compare the MS and a PDF of the printed book.

I originally thought the book to have been published in 1927-1928,
but after seeing the MS copy this seems unlikely :-)

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard