ma thesis

Francois Voegeli francois.voegeli at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 29 08:46:27 UTC 2012

Dear Patrick, Dear Members of the list,

I would appreciate locating that reference too. During a recent fieldtrip to Nepal, we met in Devghat a very interesting member of this community. The chief of our expedition has been doing some fieldwork with the aghoris for some time, and this meeting will probably be mentioned in our report.
The personality of this aghori very much impressed me, and I became interested in this community I heard of, but never met closely. Any information on them would then be welcomed.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the people on this list who answered my question posted some time ago on p(a)uNDarIka (Mr/Dr/Prof. Eltschinger, Houben, Gengnagel, Salomon, Goldman). Actually, this question stemmed from a project I am pursuing in Lausanne, and which is starting to give some interesting results on the history of Vedic Ritual. I will post them on a website asap and advise the community. Thanks again.

F. Voegeli

> Dear List,
>
> I would appreciate any help in locating a copy of this MA thesis.
>
> Hovedside > Samfunnsvitenskapelige fakultet > Sosialantropologisk institutt > Sosialantropologi
> Forfatter:	Strøm, Herman
> Tittel:	Approaching the Aghori
> Undertittel:	spiritual transactions and social capital in a North-Indian religious community
> Publisert år:	2006
> Dokumenttype:	Masteroppgave
> Språk:	Engelsk
> BIBSYS:	BIBSYS
> Permanent lenke:	http://urn.nb.no/URN:NBN:no-12926
>

> Here is the link
>
> --
> All the best,
>
> Patrick McCartney
>
> PhD Candidate - Anthropology
> School of Culture, History & Language
> College of the Asia-Pacific
> Rm 4.30 Baldessin Precinct Building
> The Australian National University
> Canberra, Australia, 0200
>
> skype - psdmccartney
> W- +61 2 6125 4323
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfpCc8G_cUw&feature=related

Dr François Voegeli

Senior FNS Researcher
Institut d'Archéologie et des Sciences de l'Antiquité
Anthropole, bureau 4018
Faculté des Lettres
Université de Lausanne
CH-1015 Lausanne