Harappan script

Steve Farmer saf at SAFARMER.COM
Tue Jun 19 22:21:11 UTC 2012

I obviously didn't cite Meadow and Kenoyer as authorities in support of any position.

I cited their most recent view ("it doesn't matter whether it is writing or not") as one piece of evidence of how radically different discussion of the Indus issue has become since our 2004 paper was published. There remarks would have been unthinkable before that.

Citing shifts in a field isn't part of a "hustle,"nor is calling for a _Current Anthropology_-type of peer-reviewed discussion of one of the most important issues in studies of ancient India. That's simply science looking for a way to resolve a critical debate.

That's all I called for. I do think that putting together such a collaborative discussion will resolve the issue in the next few years.

S. Farmer