branding and children

Adam Bowles a.bowles1 at UQ.EDU.AU
Mon Jun 4 12:34:30 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

A third party has asked me for information on the practice of branding as part of traditional medical practice in South Asia or in the Fijian Hindu community, especially in respect to children. Can anyone point me in the direction of useful material?

Many thanks
Adam

Dr Adam Bowles
Lecturer in Asian Religions
School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics
Faculty of Arts
The University of Queensland
Tel: +61 7 33656324
Email: a.bowles1 at uq.edu.au<mailto:a.bowles1 at uq.edu.au>
Web: http://www.uq.edu.au/hprc/dr-adam-bowles
[FaceBook-icon]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studies-in-Religion-at-UQ/362132947148321>

Associate Editor, South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/00856401.asp

CRICOS Provider Number: 00025B

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you must take no action based on it, nor show a copy to anyone.  Kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Opinions and information in this email which do not relate to the official business of The University of Queensland shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.