FW: Query from a colleague not on this list

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Jan 16 02:26:04 UTC 2012

Gombrich's article is very good. I have a more recent one that deals
especially with Hindu cosmology from the Vedas to the present. Both
articles can be used together. It is not yet available online, but your
colleague can contact me directly.

González-Reimann, Luis. 2009. Cosmic Cycles, Cosmology and Cosmography.
In /Brill's Encyclopedia of Hinduism/, 1, ed. in chief Knut A. Jacobsen,
411-28. Leiden: Brill.

For details of the different early Indian cosmologies and the
interaction between Buddhist and Hindu ideas on the subject, the
following book by Sircar is very useful.

Sircar, D. C. 1967. /Cosmography and Geography in Early Indian
Literature/. Calcutta.

For Buddhist cosmology, there is this book:

Kongtrul Lodro Tayé, Jamgon. 1995. /Myriad Worlds: Buddhist Cosmology in
Abhidharma, Kalacakra and Dzog-Chen/. Ithaca, New York: Snow Lion
Publications.

Luis González-Reimann
_____