Hindu idea of "hidden" verses in heaven

Michael Slouber mjslouber at BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Feb 14 15:38:01 UTC 2012

Dear Dean and others,

Shaman Hatley discusses the widespread motif of the massive, unrevealed Ur-Tantra in his 2007 doctoral thesis (pp.268--272).  It is available through the UPenn repository: <http://repository.upenn.edu/dissertations/AAI3292099/>.

This idea reminds me of the Purusa-sukta too, where it says that ¾ of him is in heaven and only ¼ on earth, but perhaps this is a tenuous connection.

All the best,

Michael Slouber
Visiting Adjunct Instructor
Religious Studies