Dharmottara

Birgit Kellner kellner at ASIA-EUROPE.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Tue Dec 4 17:37:14 UTC 2012

Am 04.12.2012 18:25, schrieb Adriano Aprigliano:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Does anyone know of a translation of Dharmottara's Pramanaviniscayatika into English (or French or German)?
> best
> Adriano Aprigliano
>
> Post-doc researcher
> Universidade de São Paulo
> São Paulo
> Brasil

Dharmottara's work is extensive and philologically demanding, and  still
in parts accessible only in Tibetan translation. There is no full modern
translation of the PVinṬ.

The database EAST (Epistemology and Argumentation in South Asia and
Tibet) lists currently only two partial translations, one in German and
one in Japanese (http://east.uni-hd.de/buddh/ind/18/46/, coverage only
up to 1994). More partial translations certainly exist, and are being
produced as we speak, on the basis of recently discovered (partial)
Sanskrit manuscripts - your luck basically depends on what sections of
the work you are interested in.

With best regards,

Birgit Kellner

--
--------

Prof. Dr. Birgit Kellner
Chair in Buddhist Studies
Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context - Shifting
Asymmetries in Cultural Flows"
University of Heidelberg
Karl Jaspers Centre
Vossstraße 2, Building 4400