future technology for the INDOLOGY list

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at UNIV-PARIS-DIDEROT.FR
Thu Aug 16 22:12:31 UTC 2012

I DO agree with Jan.

If the format is not comprehensible, it will not survive.

Among the oldest surviving items
which are part of "scientific discourse",
we see the clay tablets ...
(because each one of them can be separately
understood [and/or falsified])

If the software does not seem to care for preserving,
as individual textual entities,
singular scientific statements,
why would anyone care to post anything?

In the current framework (used by Liverpool_INDOLOGY),
everyone is responsible for the "compréhensibilté"
(i.e. "being understandable or not")
or what he/she writes.

If Gruenendahl disagrees with E.Franco,
they are not glued together in a higher-level
abstract higher-level-statement
(uttered by an inexisting "compromis" [or go-between]
[however convinced Gandhi was by the "beauté du compromis :-)
((I am quoting from the French translation
(by Pierre MEILE)
of Gandhi's autobiography
and do not have the original at hand)).

INDOLOGY should strive
to continue to allow SINGULAR people
to make (well informed) SINGULAR STATEMENTS,
and for those statements to be (faithfully) recorded.

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard (Pondichéry)