Kannada?

(Maitreya) Borayin Larios shrimaitreya at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 24 09:47:34 UTC 2012

Dear list members,

I would like to know if any among the learned indologists here speak
Kannada and would like to help me out to broadly figure the discussion on
the *rājasūya *performed in Karnataka. The event was recently covered in
the local channel TV9 and followed by a discussion which is accessible via
youtube in 5 parts:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFZ90yE_QlM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEVsCMKro8
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00kCI_ttSSU
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQoboNFlTI
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7v3nJFqgTw

I am particularly interested in the smārta vs śrauta discussion going on
between the participants of the discussion, but any help you would be able
to provide is highly appreciated. I am unfortunately completely ignorant of
Kannada.

I hope these links will be of interest to the Veda scholars in the list as
well.

Best,
Maitreya

(Maitreya) Borayin Larios