3 Vedic seasons or 6?

George Thompson gthomgt at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 20 18:42:36 UTC 2012

Hello Dean,

The Rigveda mentions three seasons [Rtus] several times.  In later Vedic
there is mention of five or six and perhaps seven seasons.  The six season
year was adopted in order to conform to the model of the twelve month
year.  For details, see the *Vedic Index* of Macdonell & Keith, on Rtu,
season.

Best wishes, as always,

George