PuNDarIka sacrifice

Vincent Eltschinger veltsch at OEAW.AC.AT
Mon Apr 2 10:50:33 UTC 2012

Dear François,
In his Studies in the Religious Life of Ancient and Medieval India (Delhi
1971), D.C. Sircar mentions at least once a Pau.n.dariika sacrifice (pp.
177-178). Sircar refers to Pulake'sin I, the Caalukya king of Baadaami,
who is "credited with the performance of the Agni.s.toma, Agnicayana,
Vaajapeya, Bahusuvar.na, Pau.n.dariika and A'svamedha sacrifices and the
Hira.nyagarbha-mahaadaana." Among his sources, Sircar refers to Epigraphia
Indica XXVII, p. 8.
Best,
Vincent Eltschinger