Re: accented ŚB files in Unicode?

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 12 12:00:55 UTC 2011

The same holds good for the Gopatha-Brāhmaṇa and the two
Vājasaneya-Saṃhitās. A Mādhyandina-Samhitā with Hindi commentary is available
but more valuable will be the text with Uvaṭa and Mahīdhara. The Gopatha-Brāhmaṇa
has been kindly made available by Gretil but it is incomplete. I have only a
Jīvānanda Vidyāsāgara edition which is not very dependable and is already 12
decades old. The two critical editions are out of print.

The Kāṇva Ś.B. is available in print with Sāyaṇa’s
commentary but not with Gretil.

Best

DB

--- On Mon, 12/9/11, Lindquist, Steven <slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU> wrote:

From: Lindquist, Steven <slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU>
Subject: [INDOLOGY] accented ŚB files in Unicode?
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Monday, 12 September, 2011, 8:46 AM

In a similar vein, does anyone know if there is a downloadable transliterated unicode version of the Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa (accented, in either recension)?  I am aware of GRETIL's version of M (no accents), JR Gardner's vedavid.org version, and the TITUS accented version of M (which is what I often use, but it is not downloadable as far as I can tell; K is listed as in preparation).

I hadn't searched for this in a long time, but in doing so now I was pleased to find that archive.org has a full scan of Eggeling's translation.

Best,

Steven

STEVEN LINDQUIST, PH.D.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR