Harvard Rigveda files in Unicode?

Deshpande, Madhav mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Sun Sep 11 13:32:35 UTC 2011

Hello Colleagues,

Has anyone converted the text files of the Rigveda [that were distributed with the Harvard volume of the metrically restored RV by van Nooten and Holland] to Unicode Romanization?  Would appreciate any information about such converted files and how to access them.  Thanks.

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-1608, USA
From: Indology [INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] on behalf of James Hegarty [hegartyjm at GOOGLEMAIL.COM]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 9:49 AM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: [INDOLOGY] Publication Announcement

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the publication of my monograph:

Religion, Narrative and Public Imagination in South Asia: Past and Place in the Sanskrit Mahābhārata

London: Routledge, 2012.

ISBN:978-0-415-55863-1 (hbk)
ISBN: 978-0-203-850512-1 (ebk)

This book takes up the origin, form, content and impact of the Sanskrit Mahābhārata in early South Asia (by exploring the Sanskrit text as well as first millennium epigraphy and wider literature). It also includes, as an epilogue, a study of the Hindi televisual Mahābhārat.

I hope those who are interested enjoy it!

With All Best Wishes,

James Hegarty