Publication Announcement

James Hegarty hegartyjm at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 2 13:49:54 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the publication of my monograph:

Religion, Narrative and Public Imagination in South Asia: Past and
Place in the Sanskrit Mahābhārata

London: Routledge, 2012.

ISBN:978-0-415-55863-1 (hbk)
ISBN: 978-0-203-850512-1 (ebk)

This book takes up the origin, form, content and impact of the
Sanskrit Mahābhārata in early South Asia (by exploring the Sanskrit
text as well as first millennium epigraphy and wider literature). It
also includes, as an epilogue, a study of the Hindi televisual
Mahābhārat.

I hope those who are interested enjoy it!

With All Best Wishes,

James Hegarty