J. Ph. Vogel

Eugen Ciurtin e.ciurtin at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 21 10:18:13 UTC 2011

Regarding Professor Silk's helpful message, I would like to add that a
wonderful lot of photos of the same and later periods of ASI are still
preserved in Paris, in the Société Asiatique, within the Fonds Alfred
Foucher.

Some mentions, including some data on Vogel's connections with the French
school of Buddhist Studies, are offered in Annick Fenet's recent
publications, esp. in her *Archéologie militante* on Foucher, DAFA, and the
exploration in Buddhist Afghanistan (Mémoires de l'Académie des Inscriptions
et Belles-Lettres, 2009), or in the Proceedings of a Journée d'études,
edited by Pierre-Sylvain Filliozat and the late Jean Leclant (also Paris:
AIBL/De Boccard 2009).

with kind regards,
Eugen

--
Dr E. Ciurtin
Secretary of the Romanian Association for the History of Religions

Publications Officer of the European Association for the Study of Religions
www.easr.eu

Lecturer & Secretary of the Scientific Council
Institute for the History of Religions, Romanian Academy
Calea 13 Septembrie no. 13 sect. 5, Bucharest 050711
Phone: 00 40 733 951 953