Porunthal: dating of paddy in the 5th century B.C. and possible consequences on the evaluation of the history of writing in India

rajam rajam at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Oct 15 19:25:17 UTC 2011

More than that ... Dear JLC,

The statement, "Archaeologists, particularly in Tamilnadu, seem to be
under a constant kind of pressure (or is it a mindset?) to "push
back" so far established dates. They regularly come up with various
attempts." needs some attention and substantiation. I wish genuine
and serious scholars would stop making such flippant remarks! :-)

Best wishes,
V.S. Rajam
(www.letsgrammar.org)