Sanskrit teachign post in British secondary school

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 20:05:51 UTC 2011

It may bear noting, for those not familiar with the London Sanskrit scene,
that the St James school was founded by members of, and with organisational
backing from the School of Economic Science (not the London School of
Economics).  The SES has roots in the thinking of Henry George and G. I.
Ouspensky, but was influenced from the 1960s by  Śāntānanda Sarasvatī,
Śaṅkarācārya
of Jyotirmath.  Hence the Sanskrit.  See the historical sketch on the SES's
website <http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/about/history/> and the SES's
own statement
<http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/about/issues-and-criticisms/>in answer
to some of its critics.  In 2005, the St James school was the subject
of a formal
enquiry <http://www.iirep.com> relating to its disciplinary practices.

Best,
Dominik