Comparison Hindu and Sufi ritual

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 29 13:31:53 UTC 2011

Dear Friend,
After much hesitation I bring to your notice the some very old publications. In fact my present studies are far removed from the subject mentioned by you. The books mentioned below were studied during student days just out of curiosity without any professional zeal. There is, moreover, every possibility of their being out dated. That is the reason for my hesitation. Please inform if you found them of any help.

Influence of Islam on Indian Cultureby Tara Chand, The Indian Press, Allahabad, 1936 particularly from p.49
Glimpses of medieval Indian Culture Yusuf Husain, Asia Publishing House, 1958?
Best

DB

________________________________
 From: "Rastelli, Marion" <Marion.Rastelli at OEAW.AC.AT>
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Sent: Monday, 28 November 2011 5:19 PM
Subject: [INDOLOGY] Comparison Hindu and Sufi ritual

Dear list members,
I was asked the following question by a student: Are there any comparative studies that treat Hindu and Sufi ritual?
I would be very grateful  for any hint to such a study.
Yours,
Marion Rastelli

Mag.Dr. Marion Rastelli
Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia
Centre for Studies in Asian Cultures and Social Anthropology
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Apostelgasse 23
1030 Vienna
Austria