vedic concordance

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Tue Nov 22 16:05:44 UTC 2011

Am 22.11.2011 16:13, schrieb Herman Tull:
> I have been trying to access the electronic Vedic concordance
> (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/VedicConcordance/ReadmeEng.html).
>   This link takes me to a page that has the bold face statement:
> "Access Forbidden."  Is there another way to get to this (does it
> still exist?)
>
> Or, perhaps it senses I am not a vaidika?
>
> Thanks for any direction on this...

This refers to the "Windows format", the so-called "Mac OS format" is
still available. Under Windows, some unarchiving programs like Winzip,
Stuffit Expander, ALZip etc. are able to extract the contents of the
.hqx file. But, after that you still need to install Nisus Writer which
is nowadays only available for Mac OS, so far I know.

Otherwise you may to try the plain text version of Bloomfield's
concordance provided by Masato Fujii, URL:
<http://www.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~mfujii/shiryo/concordance.txt>

A scanned version of Bloomfield's concordance is available in the
Internet Archive, URL:
<http://www.archive.org/details/vedicconcordance00bloouoft>.

Hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Bibliothek