spoken Sanskrit class this summer

Jaob Schmidt-Madsen jacob at FABULARASA.DK
Sun May 15 09:44:56 UTC 2011

Dear Andrey,

The Samskrita Bharati website you are referring to is no longer updated.
You should instead check out the following sites:

US: http://www.samskritabharatiusa.org/
India: http://samskritabharati.in/

Caveat: While the US branch seems very well organized, prior experience
tells me that this is not the case with the Indian branch. They can be
very hard to get in contact with and obtain useful information from if you
are not physically present (in which case everything is smooth and easy).

To get a more critical view of the organization's philosophy of teaching -
and the religio-nationalistic zeal that seems to inform it at some levels
- try to pick up Merwan Hasting's dissertation "Past Perfect, Future
Perfect: Sanskrit Revival and the Hindu Nation in Contemporary India"
(University of Chicago, 2004).

Best,
Jacob

Jacob Schmidt-Madsen