A puzzling palm leaf (updated)

Thrasher, Allen athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Mar 30 17:37:21 UTC 2011

Jacob,

Thanks for the clarification and sorry I did not read the initial message more carefully.

Yours,

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Jaob Schmidt-Madsen
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:30 PM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] A puzzling palm leaf (updated)

Hi Allen,

To expand on the mail I just sent to the list stating that I only have six unbound leaves (one of them being the mysterious one without holes for binding), I can say that I have no clear indication of which part of the manuscript the leaf might stem from. As pagination normally occurs in the left margin, and as all my leaves are broken off at the ends, I only have the context of the contents to go from, and that obviously does not apply to the leaf under discussion.

As you mention yourself, doodling does not exactly seem to be the case here, but the relation of the leaf to the rest of the manuscript is definitely worth taking into considering.

Regards,
Jacob