Fwd: Rajiv Malhotra and the Infinity Foundation

George Thompson gthomgt at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 28 16:04:23 UTC 2011

Dear List,

 I have been having an offlist conversation with a few list members about my
statement "I am a Vedicist...."

One person pointed out a similar remark by Margaret Mead: "Nothing human is
alien to me."

What inspired me was a Latin remark made by the great Russian linguist,
Roman Jakobson, a paraphrase from the Roman  playwright Terence:

> From Wikipedia:

One famous quotation by Terence reads: "*Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum
puto*", or "I am a man, I consider nothing that is human alien to me." This
appeared in his play *Heauton
Timorumenos<https://mail.google.com/wiki/Heauton_Timorumenos>
*.

My version of Jakobson's paraphrase, which I sent to a list member a little
while ago, is:

"I am a linguist; there is nothing in linguistics that I consider foreign to
me."

Perhaps the List in general might find this of interest.

Best wishes,

George Thompson