Call for papers: Oriental Studies, Salamanca, 28-30 September 2011

Birgit Kellner kellner at ASIA-EUROPE.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Mon Mar 21 19:23:48 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

this call for papers by Ana Agud from the University of Salamanca may be
of interest to Indologists.

With best regards,

Birgit Kellner

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:04:12 +0100
Von: anaagud at usal.es <anaagud at usal.es>

Dear colleagues!

At the University of Salamanca we have decided to commemorate with an
International Conference of Orientalists the fact that 700 years ago
Pope Clemens II urged through a "canon" the universities of Salamanca,
Bologna, Paris and Oxford to teach oriental languages, thus giving the
first impulse to Oriental Studies in Europe.

The conference will take place at Salamanca the 28th-30th September 2011.

We attach You our "Call for papers", and we would greatly appreciate You
to communicate this event to other colleagues of Indian Studies.

Best wishes

Ana Agud
Universidad de Salamanca