The City in Sanskrit literature

Frank Conlon conlon at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Mar 18 03:10:10 UTC 2011

McComas and Andrew,

Not a text, but an interesting reading would be A. K. Ramanujan, "Towards
an Anthology of City Images" pp. 224-242 in Richard G. Fox, editor, _Urban
India: Society, Space and Image_ (Durham, N.C. Duke University Program in
Comparative Studies on Southern Asia, 1970) [Monograph and Occasional
Papers Series, Monograph 2]--which contrasts treatment of cities in
Sanskrit literature with that of Tamil literature.

Frank

Frank F. Conlon
Professor Emeritus of History, South Asian
      Studies & Comparative Religion
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3560      USA
Co-editor, H-ASIA
Managing Director, Bibliography of Asian Studies Online