Fw: Re: [INDOLOGY] Vai.s.navaantara"suudraa.h and the like

Ganesan ganesan at IFPINDIA.ORG
Fri Mar 11 06:45:15 UTC 2011

Regarding Vai.s.nava "suudra-s in the Vaikhanasa system one may not find
anything. For, the vaishnavism propounded in the Vaikhanasa Agama-s is
exclusively meant for Brahmains. Most probably the reason being, the
Vaikhaanasa Agama is claimed to be based on the Aukheya "saakhaa (now
extinct ?) of the Yajurveda. Of course there exists a Vaikhanasa
mantrapra"sna just as there is the aapastambamantrapra"sna which is fully
used by them for all their domestic rites.
Further, a vaikhanasa is born by the sacrament called vi.s.nubali performed
during pregnancy and not 'made' by diik.saa as in the case of Paa~ncaraatra
system. These are the fundamental differences between these two branches of
Vaishnava religion. Therefore there cannot be theoretically any
vai.s.navaanta"suudra or vai.s.nva"suudra in the vaikhaanasa.
With the best wishes,
Ganesan

Dr.T.Ganesan
Senior Researcher in Saivasiddhanta