query

franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Tue Jun 28 09:09:54 UTC 2011

There are multiple references in Buddhist and Nyāya literature to the
power of mantras to cure snake bites, etc. This generally accepted
“fact” has become the standard example for the visible results of the
Vedic rituals and is used to infer the general validity of the Veda.
See for instance V. Eltschinger, Dharmakīrti sur les mantra et la
perception du supra-sensible. Wien 2001.
Best wishes,
Eli