prices of Khotan or Newari mss

Thrasher, Allen athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Jul 13 23:15:29 UTC 2011

If anyone is aware of the prices of recently purchased or recently appraised Khotan mss (in Sanskrit or Khotanese) or early (pre-18th c.) mss from Nepal, could they please contact me off-list ASAP?  Also, asking prices would be of interest, whether realized or not.

I have searched the ArtFact database.

No, none of our South Asian mss are missing, but we have been asked about the very most valuable ones.

Please feel free to forward.

Thanks very much.

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian and Team Coordinator
South Asia Team
Asian Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
USA
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress.