religious embryology in India

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 28 00:36:02 UTC 2011

A few years ago, Sandra Smets, then of the Catholic Univ. of Louvain-la-Neuve, was working on the embryological Garbhopani.sad. I am not sure she is still working at that Univ. and whether her research has led to a publication yet. Christophe Vielle will no doubt be able to inform us.
An excellent article is Walter Slaje's ".Rtu-, .Rtv(i)ya-, Aartava- Weibliche "Fertilität" im Denken vedischer Inder", published in Journal of the European Aayurvedic Society 4 (1995), 109-148.
Arlo GriffithsEFEO/Jakarta