Shakespeare in Sanskrit?

Thrasher, Allen athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Jan 26 21:13:58 UTC 2011

I stumbled across one example of Lebedev's translation work about a year ago and asked the catalogers to improve the record.  Here is what we have of his.  I have not investigated in WorldCat or elsewhere whether he did any further translations of dramas.

Allen

LC Control No.:       75904608
Personal Name:     Jodrell, Richard Paul, 1745-1831.
Uniform Title:     Disguise. Bengali
Main Title:        Kālpanika saṃbadala : Em. Joḍarela biracita "Di
                      ḍisgāija" nāṭakera Ji. Es. Lebeḍepha kr̥ta
                      baṅgānubāda / Śrīmadanamohana Gosvāmī
                      sampādita.
Published/Created: Kalikātā : Yādabapura Biśvabidyālaẏa, 1963.
Related Names:     Lebedev, Gerasim Stepanovich, 1749-1817.
                   Gosvāmī, Madanamohana.
                   Joḍarela, Em.
Related Titles:    Disguise.
Notes:             Added t.p. in English: The Disguise: a comedy.
                   Reproduced from a microfilm copy of a ms. preserved in the
                      Central Dept. of Archives of the U.S.S.R., Moscow.
                   In Bengali and English.
LC Classification: PR3519.J6 D513 1963
Other System No.:  (OCoLC)19363126
CALL NUMBER:       PR3519.J6 D513 1963
                   Copy 1

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian and Team Coordinator
South Asia Team
Asian Division
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540-4810
USA
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress.