suppliers of India game boards?

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Tue Jan 25 17:46:09 UTC 2011

The French web-site of  "Geoludie" is manufacturing traditional
Indian board games :
http://www.geoludie.com/jeux-jeux-asiatiques-18.html

It is to be noted that the text with translation of the
caturangaa.s.taka (of which only 6 verses are preserved) of Melputtur
Narayana Bhatta, on the rules of the (two players) caturanga, as
traditionally practised by  Kerala Nambudiri brahmins in Kerala, is
furnished  by C. Rajendran at the end of his recent  booklet on M N B
in the series "Makers of Indian Literature" (Sahitya Akademi, 2008;
cf. his previous article "A note on the Catura;ngaa.s.taka of
Melputtuur Naaraaya.na Bha.t.tathiri", Adyar Library Bulletin 64,
2000, pp. 81-87).
With best wishes,
Christophe Vielle

--
http://www.uclouvain.be/christophe.vielle
http://belgianindology.blogs.lalibre.be/

--
Sign-up to Dropbox using the following link and get 2.25 gigabytes of
storage free.