EJVS 18-1: Chandrasekaran on Pleonastic Dravidian Formations

Mon Feb 28 01:38:33 UTC 2011

Dear List members,

it is with great pleasure that we announce this year's first issue of the Electronic Journal of Vedic Studies
<http://www.ejvs.laurasianacademy.com/>

VOL. 18 (2011), ISSUE 1 (February 16)

Pleonastic Compounding: An Ancient Dravidian Word Structure

by

Periannan Chandrasekaran

The paper is important for several reasons: it reveals a unique form of compound nouns in Proto-/EarlyDravidian, and as such it is quite relevant for the etymology of a number of Dravidian loans into Vedic

Enjoy!

M. WItzel