Mimamsa quotation?

Andrew Nicholson andrew.nicholson at STONYBROOK.EDU
Mon Feb 14 02:50:46 UTC 2011

Dear Indologists,

Can someone please point me to the source of the following quotation:

viSayo vizayaz caiva pUrvapakSas tathottaram /
nirNayaz ceti paJcAGgaM zAstre 'dhikaraNaM smRtam //

There is a similar sloka in Khandadeva's Bhattadipika (comm. on Jaimini
1.2.7), but I have not found the source of this precise quote from the
pandit I was working with. Other versions of the sloka would also be
welcome.

Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew J. Nicholson
Assistant Professor
Department of Asian and Asian American Studies
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5343 USA
Tel: (631) 632-4030  Fax: (631) 632-4098