New head of SSV, Varanasi

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 3 12:21:33 UTC 2011

The Times of India today carried this report
(here<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/LU-professor-appointed-Sampurnanands-V-C/articleshow/7415092.cms>,
but with popups):

LUCKNOW: A professor in the department of oriental Sanskrit at Lucknow
University<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/search?q=Lucknow%20University>,
Binda Prasad Mishra, has been appointed as the new vice-chancellor of
Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishvavidyalaya, Varanasi.

The decision to this effect was taken by governor B L Joshi on Wednesday
morning.

Mishra will assume the charge on Thursday. Mishra said, "As the Sanskrit
university is facing some problems, the governor had to immediately appoint
a vice-chancellor, and I am happy that he has chosen me for the task."

The appointment came after varsity's vice-chancellor V Kutumb
Shastri<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/search?q=V%20Kutumb%20Shastri>sent
his resignation to the governor.

Further sharing his views on the deplorable state of Sanskrit, one of the
richest languages of the country, Mishra said, "We need to infuse interest
in the students to study the language. The most important thing is to make
the courses job-oriented."

DW