Asoka and medicinal service

Artur Karp karp at UW.EDU.PL
Sun Aug 14 16:18:33 UTC 2011

2011/8/14 Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com>

> Dear Colleague,
> The king states that he has arranged. That is sufficient. Otherwise you may
> go on doubting. That is free. One may doubt even if it was the deed of Asoka
> and not of a different king named Priyadarsi

Dear Colleague,

I have no problems with hard facts. One of them is that the king did state.
And that he ordered his statements to be engraved on suitable rock surfaces
and on pillars. But the relation of the contents of his statements to
reality is open to enquiry. Thank you for allowing me to use my freedom and
go on doubting. I shall use it, certainly.

Yours, etc.,

Artur Karp

Senior Lecturer in Sanskrit and Pali (ret.)
University of Warsaw,
Poland