Semantics/India

Peter Scharf peter_scharf at BROWN.EDU
Mon Sep 6 21:03:19 UTC 2010

Dear Jan,
	I hope this email finds you and Saraju well and happy.

	Are you going to the 4th International Sanskrit Computational
Linguistics Symposium at JNU 10-12 December?  To the South Asian
Linguistics Association Conference in Mysore 8-10 January?  Will you
be in India anytime between 10 December and 24 January?  I'm planning
my trip this winter to make circuit from Delhi to Hyderabad, Chennai,
Pondichery, Mysore, Pune, and Mumbai between 9 December and 24
January.  I hope our paths cross.  Please let me know your plans this
winter.

	Have you finalized your paper form the 14th WSC in Kyoto about
Semantics in Panini where you argued that Paninian derivation begins
with speech forms already in view?  I would be interested in reading
your full explanation of this argument.  Would you please send me a
copy?  Or of something else you've written explaining your argument in
greater detail?

	Thanks.
	Yours,
	Peter

Peter M. Scharf                           (401) 863-2720 office
Department of Classics             (401) 863-2123 dept.
Brown University
PO Box 1856                               (401) 863-7484 fax
Providence, RI 02912                Scharf at brown.edu
http://www.research.brown.edu/research/profile.php?id=10044
http://sanskritlibrary.org/