Theories of light, vision or optics

gthomgt at COMCAST.NET gthomgt at COMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 11 21:23:05 UTC 2010

As for early Vedic, Rainer Stuhrmann's long article may be of interest:

"Capturing the Light in the Rgveda: Soma as seen botanically, pharmologically, and in the eyes of the Kavis"

 [EJVS 13.2, 2006].

Also now see Joanna Jurewicz's new book:

*Fire and Cognition in the Rgveda* [Dom Wydawniczy ELIPSA. 2010], which usefully resorts to current cognitive linguistics to 'illuminate' the semantics of light, fire, and cognition in the RV.

These are two important new resources on the topic of light in the RV.