help with dates, please

Anna A. Slaczka annamisia at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 8 07:25:22 UTC 2010

Yes, these are bhUtasaMkhyAs.
I would suggest searching in the Monier-Williams first. Many bhUtasaMkhyAs are listed there. Then look at glossaries of editions of some zilpazAstras and Agamas where the bhUtasaMkhyAs occur very frequently. See for example the Mayamata edition by Dagens and the publications of the French Institute of Indology in Pondicherry.

Best,

Anna Slaczka
Rijksmuseum
Amsterdam