Movie Premier: India Documentary - 'Mountain God and Sacred Text' by McComas Taylor

McComas Taylor mccomas.taylor at ANU.EDU.AU
Mon Nov 8 02:44:37 UTC 2010

logo <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC0Uw_lnhYg>

Dear Friends

We are pleased to invite you to view our new documentary 'Mountain God
and Sacred Text'. This 35min documentary is now available online in
three parts at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC0Uw_lnhYg
*
About the film:
*We set out to document a seven-day festival that was held in the hamlet
of Naluna in the Garhwal Himalaya, India, in November 2009. The festival
centred on the sacred text of the Bhagavatapurana which tells the story
of the beloved Indian deity, Krishna. The festival was conducted under
the auspices of the local village deity Kandar. Our film captures the
sights and sounds of this beautiful mountain community, as well as the
fascinating interaction between the story-telling tradition from the
North Indian plain, and Kandar, the village god.

My cameraman and editor Julian Dennis and I have worked long and hard on
this film, and we look forward to reading your feedback on Youtube.

Please circulate this message as widely as possible.

With thanks in advance

McComas

PS - apologies for multiple postings.

--
Dr McComas Taylor

Tel: +61 2 6125 3179
Fax: +61 2 6125 8326

Email: mccomas.taylor at anu.edu.au
http://tinyurl.com/38cj94n
Location: Room E4.24 Baldessin Precinct Building