Nara-Narayana

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Mon Mar 8 04:03:49 UTC 2010

I do not know if the following information will be of any help. I vaguely remember that long ago it was either Hertha Krick or Bettina Bäumer of whom an off-print of a study on the Nārāyaṇabalī-Upaniṣad was presented to me. Both were at Vienna then. It had something. But I cannot find it out now. The Vedic Bibliography did not help. My apologies if the paper is the same as the ‘Nārāyaṇa und Opfertod’.
Best for all
DB

--- On Sun, 7/3/10, Andrew Nicholson <andrew.nicholson at STONYBROOK.EDU> wrote:

From: Andrew Nicholson <andrew.nicholson at STONYBROOK.EDU>
Subject: Nara-Narayana
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Sunday, 7 March, 2010, 4:42 AM

Dear Colleagues,

Can anyone recommend good books or articles on the theology and mythology
of Nara-Narayana?  I am especially interested in the way they were
understood in Pancaratra texts.

Many thanks!

Andrew
Andrew J. Nicholson
Assistant Professor
Department of Asian and Asian American Studies
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5343 USA
Tel: (631) 632-4030  Fax: (631) 632-4098