old Swedish article + Danish paper

Rosane Rocher rrocher at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Sun Jun 27 22:09:17 UTC 2010

Dear Stella and friends,

Thank you, and best regards from us both.  Thanks to the kindness and
resourcefulness of Stefan Baums (in Japan), I was referred to a detailed
description of Svea vol. 2 in the online catalog of the Carlskrona
library.  Palmblad's essay is titled "Om Hinduernes Fornhaefder."  Some
issues of Svea are available on google.books by scans from the New York
Public Library, but the NYPL collection starts at vol. 4.

Meanwhile, I am also searching for a paper of about 1820 by the Danish
scholar and librarian Rasmus Nyerup (Erasmus Nyerup when he writes in
Latin) about the early attempts of Europeans to study and teach
Sanskrit.  This, however, may have been an unpublished lecture.  May I
add this item to my shopping list?

With appreciation to all,
Rosane Rocher