None

John C. Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jun 24 14:56:21 UTC 2010

Dear Anand,

The Nilopadma is very real. We would call it a water-lily and now know
it in many color variants.  However it exists in sculpture as early as
Bharhut and Sanchi and continues to the present day in Buddhist
iconographics as a symbol of wisdom (prajna) held by both Shyama Tara
and Manjusri.

I will send Anand an off-list picture of one. Anyone else who would
like one, please let me know and I will resend the same e-mail to you.

John