Raaladesha and more

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 19 14:01:49 UTC 2010

I was surprised that there is any doubt about Rāḍhā being a region in
current West Bengal, part of Burdwan (Vardhamana); this is standard
information in Bengal sources, for example the *Ballālacarita* and the
various *Vaidyakulapañjikā* texts.

See, e.g., Dilip
Chakrabarti<http://books.google.com/books?id=OEZe-wAIiKIC&lpg=PA124&dq=Radha%2C%20Burdwan&pg=PA124#v=onepage&q=Radha,%20Burdwan&f=false>,
and other sources.