Fw: Re: [INDOLOGY] Help with keyboard

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 5 12:42:12 UTC 2010

Dear Friends,
In continuation of the previous mail cited below I must state with apology that my assessment of Windows 7 was not fully correct. One can install old programmes like Turbo C, QBasic and iLEAP and work as with XP. The only difference is that the installation process is not automatic. It was done after some efforts. However, I am not yet successful with 'chkdsk/f' and a few other facilities. Hope it will be possible to install those too
Best
DB

--- On Tue, 18/5/10, Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

From: Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Help with keyboard
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Tuesday, 18 May, 2010, 1:26 PM

Dear Colleagues,
Baraha worked with my Windows 7. iLEAP did not work. But it accepted a new non-unicode inscript processor similar to iLEAP. But otherwise my experience with Windows 7 has not been happy. It does not accept the old DOS based conventional programming languages.
I do not know if I have read it correctly but It seems that Windows aims at keeping its users  more and more dependent on it by withdrawing the opportunities of independent programming. My vendor advised me to instal the new Windows based Visual Basic Studio (Visual Studio 2008)to do programming as one formerly did with TC or QB. The Acrobat writer began to function only after that. It has some user friendly packages. That may be useful for commercial users. And, apparently, things are better. But, perhaps, freedom is curtailed.  For me it may take time to get used to the new set up. To make things as good as with the previous version, it seems advisable to keep a Windows XP ready.  However since I am no expert more knowledgeable colleagues may kindly comment.
Best for all
DB