Text as Saraswati

rajam rajam at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jul 28 03:46:51 UTC 2010

About "The feet being one of the most impure parts of the body should
never touch
> sacred items."

In this context, it would be interesting also to learn why gold was
never worn below waist,
at least in some traditional S. Indian environments that I'm familiar
with.
In my generation, some traditional ornaments such as toe rings or
anklets were never made in gold.
The only big pomp that would adorn the waist was the "waist-belt" in
gold with numerous gems embedded.

Regards,
Rajam