Arthasastra Commentary

Mahes Raj Pant mahesrajpant at MSN.COM
Fri Jul 23 08:37:00 UTC 2010

As my note says, the JayamaNgalaa was first published in vol.26 of the Journal in parts during the years 1956 and 1957. Maybe the book is still available in some shops where antique books are available.
Mahes Raj Pant

From: jpo at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Arthasastra Commentary
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:54:49 -0500
To: mahesrajpant at msn.com

Thank you very much for this information. Our library has only volume 27 (1957) and on, but not the earlier ones. Do you know in what volume the earlier sections were published, and  if copies of the edition is available anywhere for sale? Thanks.Patrick Olivelle

On Jul 22, 2010, at 6:30 AM, Mahes Raj Pant wrote:I have the whole edition, in the book form, of the Arths.aasrta-vyaakhyaa - JayamaNgalaa, ed. by G.Harihara Sastri, and published in 1958 from the Kuppuswami Sastri Research Institute, Madras.

The commentary was first published in instalments in the Journal of the Oriental reseach Institute, and later it was issued in the book form. The first part of the commentary was originally punlished likewise in the same volume of the Journal.

Mahes Raj Pant